Monday, March 27, 2017

Meadow Mystery

Meadow Mystery , hosted by Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs,  started in August with the last instructions released in February.  I didn't take it with me when I went to England in December so played catch up when I returned home  to get the top finished before the April 5th - 7th Reveal Parade.
There are no center SiaS blocks in mine.  I did them, but in order to trim them to size I would have lost all tips of the inner square.  Not sure where I went wrong and I wasn't going to waste more fabric trying to figure it out so went with a plain square. The center SiaS blocks will be used for a cushion :) My pretty dot fabric doesn't show up in the pictures... nor does the lovely bees and butterflies on one of the reds.  Fabric selection is definitely not a strong skill for me :)
I decided to quilt it in 3 sections and used alternating straight stitch, wavy stitch, using a pale yellow. I was a little nervous about matching the seams of the quilted sections, but the seams that aren't spot on aren't bothering me at all.  It still needs backing and binding, so I'm calling it a 60x60 flimsy+.
Meadow Mystery was shared using #meadowmysteryquilt and on my blog (click the label at the bottom of the post). It was a great quilt along to take part in.







Linking up with Making Monday at Love Laugh Quilt.

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I'll have to scroll back through your blog to read the entire process. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the quilting design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl, it was a fun QAL

      Delete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)